Tuesday, March 20, 2007

End of Invisible Man Discussion ?'s, etc.

Today in class you are answering discussion questions in groups. Click here for the discussion questions. Each student must hand in their own answer sheet, and these are due tomorrow.

Also, I modeled a rubric based on the one the College Board has devised for the 1996 free response question. You can find it here. I will hand back your essays tomorrow. They have been corrected, I just want to underline some things on your respective rubrics.

* * * * * * * * *
Grace, I want you to visit Sparknotes.com and read up on The Color Purple in order to augment your reading of the text. That way you'll get the sophisticated evidence for that novel too.

Jeanette, sorry, but Harvard students have yet to comprise a Sparknotes entry for No-No Boy. I'm going to try to sign you into a database to do some searching around for good stuff.