Tuesday, December 4, 2007

What Am I Supposed to Write About?

You're going to have to change the way that you do responses, as you now have a real audience beyond me. Essentially, you are writing for the following:
  • your blogmates
  • your peers - I will be asking your peers to comment on your responses
  • your teacher
  • your parents, your community members
  • the world
Just keep it in mind. What do you have to consider when writing for your group mates as an audience? Do you need to tailor your information in a certain way? Include contextual information they'd need to know? How can you make sure your writing is interesting to read?

To help you get started, I've collected a list of questions and prompts that might get you started on a response.

Lastly, the question of length. As we move throughout the year I am going to expect that your responses grow in development and sophistication. For blog reponses, I'm looking for responses in the 175-250 word range. In layman's terms, 3/4 to 1 full page if typed and double spaced.